PROJECT TIME LINE 2004- 2022
- 2004 – 2006 The Beginning. Martica Galarraga and Daniela Rosselson De Armas hold Singing for the Orisha Workshops on a regular basis. Daniela has the idea for the Choir and the Choir is launched in Islington at the end of November 2006 with the support and help of Percussionist David Pattman.
- 2006 – 2008 The Choir goes from meeting every two weeks to meeting every week after Daniela and Member Mish Aminoff enter the Choir to the Choir of the Year Competition. The Choir perform at the Cimmaron Festival, Soas and the Kings Head Crouch End in preparation for their performance at the Anvil Basingstoke in March 2008. The Choir get through to the Category Finals and Perform at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall in November 2008
Fourteen Years of Performance 2008-2022
- 2008 / 2012: ETHELBURGER CHURCH
- 2008 October: SPREADLUV COLLECTIVE LOCKSIDE LOUNGE
- 2008: Finals BBC Choir competition of the Year, Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
- 2008/ 9/13: SOUTHBANK VOICE LAB
- 2008 ST JOHN’S CHURCH WATERLOO
- 2009 “Time and the Trickster’s Heart” at St Johns Waterloo
- 2009 February: HUMAN RIGHTS FILM FESTIVAL OXFORD
- 2009 February: BARBICAN CENTRE (supporting Eliades Ochoa) Promoted by COMO NO!
- 2009 Spring: GUANABARA
- 2009 June: BARBICAN CUBA 50 CELEBRATIONS
- 2009 Oct: GLOBAL CO OPERATION HOUSE
- 2009 Oct: CUBAN DIA DE LA CULTURA, CONWAY HALL
- 2009/2010: CUBAN RHUM JUNGLE, BLACK HISTORY MONTH
- 2010 March: RHYTHM CAFÉ Camden
- 2010 March: BBC Choir competition of the Year
- 2010 March: BRITISH MUSEUM; CROSSING CULTURES FESTIVAL
- 2010 May: CHOIR FESTIVAL SOUTH BANK
- 2010 June: MOMO’S
- 2010,July: BRENT RESPECT FESTIVAL
- 2010, July: LAMBETH SHOW
- 2010, July: KENSINGTON GARDENS FUSE FESTIVAL
- 2010, Aug: YORUBA ARTS FESTIVAL, Clissold Park
- 2010, Oct: AFRICA CENTRE COVENT GARDEN
- 2010, Oct: CREOLE FESTIVAL, West London
- 2011, Jan: RICH MIX ( in the foyer and in the Studio Theatre) “Time and the Trickster’s Heart”
- 2010/2013: ROUNDHOUSE CHOIR FESTIVAL: VOICES NOW: MAKING MUSIC STAGE
- 2012 Feb: KINGS COLLEGE CHAPEL: BRANDENBURG CHOIR FESTIVAL
- 2012 April: RICH MIX: Launch of Debut CD “Un Solo Palo” presented by Movimientos and La Linea
- 2012 July: VAMOS! Festival Tynmouth
- 2012 Dec: BOSTON ARMS, Tufnell Park: Seasonal Celebrations
- 2013 Jan: RICH MIX with film “Ancestral Voices”
- 2013/14 Feb: SOAS Brunei Gallery 2nd and 3rd Interfaith Music Festivals
- 2013 April: Support For Concha Buika at UNION CHAPEL LA LINEA FESTIVAL Promoted by Como No!
- 2013 June/Aug: THE CUBAN/CAMDEN TOWN
- 2013 June: BETHNAL GREEN NEW VOICES FESTIVAL
- 2013 July: GO EAST/ THE BARBICAN. OLYMPIC GARDENS
- 2013 August: CAMP BESTIVAL DORSET
- 2013 October: MERLIN THEATRE FROME: Afro Cuban Sensibility
- 2013 Nov: JAMBOREE Hosted by Jamie Renton. Support for Leon Rosselson
- 2014 Feb: SOAS. Co-exist Interfaith Music Festival Brunai Gallery
- 2014 March: ST MARTIN’S SCHOOL OF ART: GHostings: Multi discipline performance with visuals and Story Telling from Jacob V Joyce and Dancing from Yolanda Perez.
- 2014 May: SURVIVAL GUIDES @ Brick Box Brixton, Dancers Hannah Anderson-Ricketts,Ffion Campbell- Davis, Yolanda Perez, Story Telling from Jacob V Joyce
- 2014 June: NEW VOICES FESTIVAL: BETHNAL GREEN CHILDHOOD MUSEUM
- 2014 Nov: CUBAN CHILDREN’S DAY Concert BOLIVAR HALL
- 2014: December: Peace and Healing initiative Open Rehearsal “The Premises Studio”
- 2105 March: Soas Interfaith Music Festival
- 2015 Sept: Africa Utopia Festival, South Bank
- 2015 Dec: Tribute to Clem Geoge: Dizzy Stage 3 Hackney
- 2016 March: Chorus ( voicelab) at the Southbank
- 2016 May: Rich Mix: Launch of “Lullaby for Naila” with Special Guests: Reem Kelani, Leon Rosselson, Davinia Bano and Jackson Scott, Juanita Euka, Sonia Kounasso, Michael Rosselson, Nana Clara Aldrin-Quaye, Tess Hirst, Juwon Ogungbe and more!
- 2016 May: Co Exist International Interfaith Music Festival at the British Museum with workshop
- 2016 July 16th: “OUR LATIN THING” The Barbican with Roberto Pla and his Orchestra sell out concert celebrating 30 years of Latin Music in London
- 2016 August: Camberwell Fair
- 2016 November: Latin American Film Festival: Launch of River Video by Firesoul Media and Performance
- 2016 December: A World In London with DJ Ritu at the Clore Ballroom Southbank
- 2016 December: Gear S3 Samsung Promotion World Music Choir, Eros Statue Piccadilly
- 2017 April: Como No and Movimientos presentsThe London Lucumi Choir supports Eliane Y su Aire at Rich Mix. Part of La Linea Festival. Launch of third CD
- 2017 May: Interfaith Performance at the British Museum Co-Exist
- 2017 June: Woodburner Presents Choir night with the Lucumi Choir and Lips Choir, live at Styx
- 2017 October: Kultura Presents Concert for Cuban Hurricane Relief at Bristol’s Cubana
- 2017 November 16th: The Tabernacle. Memorial Concert for Sue Steward.
- 2018: February 1st: Hurricane Benefit Concert for Puerto Rico, Organised by Boricuas in the UK At Islington 02
- 2018: February 4th: British Museum “Faiths In tune” presents: in Conjunction with the exhibition “Living Gods”
- 2018: August, Urban Singing Retreat with Daniela R De Armas and Ricardo Axe, songs from the Lucumi, Palo, Espiritismo and Candomble traditions.
- 2018: October: Black History Month Cultural Connections: A spectacular evening of soulful vocals celebrating Black History Month and featuring The London African Gospel Choir and The London Lucumi Choir – in the beautiful surroundings of the recently refurbished Christ Church as part of the Cultural Connections Programme. www.culturalconnections.org.uk
- 2018: November: Faith and Belief Forum fundraising dinner. Royal Institute of British Architects Building. London.
- 2019: January: Havana, Cuba Uneac: Union de Escritores Y Artistas De Cuba: La Peña Del Ambia with El Coro Nacional Folklorico de Londres.
- 2019 January: Havana, Cuba CIDMUC Centro de Investigación y Desarrollo de la Música Cubana (CIDMUC). Dirección Postal: Calle G #505, e/ 21 y 23, Plaza de la Revolución, La Habana, Cuba. With El Coro Folklorico Nacional De Cuba
- 2019 23rd February: “When We Collide” Part of Art 50 at the Barbican.
- 2019 April/May/June: Recording our fourth album in Nottingham Live and in London “Fire and Water“, releasing October 2019
- 2019 July: Sold out Gig at the Casa Latin American Festival at the ARCOLA THEATRE, Dalston
- December 8th: 2019 INTERACTIVE LAUNCH OF THE CD “FIRE AND WATER” at St Augustine’s Events Centre Brighton
- January 2020: Publication Village Raw launch at the Wave Cafe Muswell Hill N10 Village Raw Magazine
- Save Queen’s Woods Gig: 9th August 2020 Queen’s Woods Save our Oaks campaign
- 23 August 2020 Online Performance and Workshops and Procession for the Maritime Museum. International Slavery Remembrance Day. Performance is still online.
- August/September 2020 Continuing, Sound Installation: The Armada Portraits in the Queen’s House, Maritime Museum. Engineered and Directed by Randolph Matthews and Peter Adjaye
- July 10 2022. Guest Appearance with Bomba Estéreo and Okan at Somerset House London
- July 23rd 2022 London Voices, Nocturnal Creatures, Organised by Whitechapel Gallery
2008 – 2016 TV/RADIO APPEARANCES
- RADIO LONDON: Jumoke Fashola
- BBC RADIO THREE “THE CHOIR”
- BBC WORLD SERVICE (AFRICA)
- CHANNEL FOUR 4thought:
SOAS RADIO: MOVIMIENTOS ( Dj Callum) /DEEJAY RITU’s World in London2004 – 2014 and May 2016
RESONANCE FM: December 2016 with DJ RITU.
RESONANCE FM: April 2017 With Debbie Golt.
RESONANCE FM: December 2019 with Debbie Golt.
RESONANCE FM: Feb 2020 with DJ RITU
WORKSHOPS* have been held in Orisha Song and Dance at:
- Ethelburger Church
- Brent Respect Festival
- Lambeth Country Show
- Expressions Dance Studio
- Palitar House ( Brent Dance Festival)
- Workshops in Bristol and Manchester
- Ongoing Workshops in Nottingham with the Axis Trio
- New Voices Bethnal Green
- British Museum
SCHOOLS: Choir have given workshops in Schools in Enfield, Stockwell and for Ealing Music Services Co ordinated by Hammadi Rencurrel
The choir received an Arts Council grant to stage the debut of “Time and the Trickster” a piece written for the choir by Juwon Ogungbe. The choir received a second grant to add dancers to interprete the same work. They learnt to work a different dimension with the established contemporary dance outfit union dance.
2011 recorded their debut album in Bury and in London ” Un Solo Palo”
2013 Recorded their second album in London ” Lullaby for Naila”
find Both Albums on CD Baby, Amazon and I Tunes
For hard copies please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2013 Recorded Chorus for album By United Vibration
2015 Recording session 1 and 3 at the Premises London and Session2 In Nottingham with the Axis trio and Orisha Singers. Release January 2017
2016: Launch on the Movimientos Label “RIVER”
Recording of Demo with Yosvani Diaz from Rumberos de Cuba:
2017 Launch of the Album ” MOYUBA BABA, MOYUBA YEYE” on the Movimientos Label
2019 LAUNCH OF THE ALBUM ” FIRE AND WATER” on the London Lucumi Choir Label.
Produced during Lockdown, with all Choir members recording on their mobile phones. Audio edit, Daniela R De Armas and Video by Leo Durrant